Straight to the Point
Famous YouTube photography experts like Kai W have featured the Yongnuo YN50mm F1.8 Auto Focus Lens in their videos as simply the best lens for the money full stop!
This Yongnuo YN50mm F1.8 Auto Focus Lens is sub $60 and at times even lower.
First of all, almost all experts suggest that your first fixed lens is a 50mm lens that will get you into the world of portrait photos
Specs on Amazon
- Yongnuo Lens EF 50mm 1.8 for Canon is a 50mm auto fucus lens for creative, art and beauty photography. The wide aperture of 1.8 enables a shallow dept of field.
- F1.8 large aperture,virtual background,which makes photography with more fun.
- Support auto focus and manual focus mode;
- Adopts gold plating for the metal contacts,effectively improve the signal conductivity and corrosion resistance;
- Supports M/AV/TV/P and other camera shooting modes,and can be displayed the aperture data in the EXIF Information;
Is the Yongnuo YN50mm F1.8 Auto Focus Lens too good to be true?
Not a chance. This Yongnuo YN50mm F1.8 Auto Focus Lens is by no means manufactured like an actual Canon lens but hands down comes so close in terms of quality.
You just can’t justify the extra expense for a branded Canon 50mm lens especially when starting out.
I have used this lens now for years and love it. Probably one of those buys in life that is just amazing in terms of value and utility.
What else do I need?
Naturally, you’ll need a Canon DSLR with an EF Mount 🙂
52mm UV lens filters work great for outdoors filming.
I have picked up some Altura Photo Thick Protective Neoprene Pouches to store any lens that is not attached to a camera
Okay where can I get the Yongnuo YN50mm F1.8 Auto Focus Lens
It’s available on Amazon
People also considered
If you like this article you may also find the Canon SL3 DSLR Digital Camera EOS Rebel interesting