Straight to the Point
If you want the perfectly cooked steaks or hamburgers then a Sous Vide cooker is a must. This is truly set it and forget it cooking and the results of Sous Vide cooking are second to none.
Cook to 129/130 degrees for a couple of hours for perfectly safe rare steak and burgers. Finish them off on the grill to give the meat the perfect finish.
Not a fan of rare? Then simply increase the cooking temperature to get the meat to the precise level that suits your taste.
There is no clean up since the whole process involves just water and a container.
Some of the Techs and Specs from Amazon
- EASY TO USE: Remarkably intuitive with predictable results. This is the easiest and most delicious way to prepare food.
- CREATE RESTAURANT QUALITY DISHES: Once only an option for high-end eateries you can now create perfectly cooked dishes that look and taste amazing!
- RELIABLE AND QUIET OPERATION: Fits almost any pot with our strong-grip clip. Cooks precisely and quietly with temperatures up to 194 F and a +/- margin of error of less than 1 F.
- HIGH-END FEEL – LOW-END MAINTENANCE: Removable sleeve allows for easy cleaning. Choose the correct time and temperature easily with the smooth scrolling selection wheel.
Is a sous vide cooker too good to be true?
You can spend forever with Amazon trying to sort out which Sous Vide cooker is a good one for the price and which one is too good to be true or simply over-priced.
For some, eating a great steak is simply one of the absolutes for having a good life. Life without good food and a steak that is perfectly cooked is bliss. That and a great set of beers and life is back to normal.
So which sous vide cooker should I get?
This Sous Vide stick is the net result of me doing exactly what I described above. I order this stick when it was $65 dollars and now it’s still bargain. I read review after review trying to sort out which one of these things was a good buy for the money.
No, no, no don’t go buying the $100 plus dollar sticks that are brand names like Anova or Breville etc this is just throwing money into a pale of water for no good reason.
The device consists of a fan, a heating element, a temperature sensor to maintain the set temperature and that is it! No need to over complicate the story with spending money on brand versus utility.
The Inbird is a perfect example of the right features (including wifi) and value for money.
Turns out this stick is awesome is if love meat!
So after all the work it turned out to be these. Is there a better one? Could be but I’ve done enough leg work and purchases and returns to sort out that these are a great value for money.
I have this stick now for nearly 3 years and it has spent at least a 1000 hours cooking my food (especially steaks) to perfection
Does a sous vide cooker work?
Yeah they are really good for what I use them for.
- Fully cooking steak to rare or medium and then char it up on the BBQ etc
- This this, way of cooking, is really set it and forget it. You just put the meat in sealed bags and then stick the stick in the water and just leave it to cook for hours. No attention is needed.
So all in all this sous vide tool is a thing I cannot live without and you might consider leveraging the work I put in to skip all the ordering, returning, reading etc.
What else do I need?
Some one time purchases will go a long way and you can ALWAYS use a vacuum sealer for so many things. But seriously don’t go getting one of those dirt cheap vacuum sealers as they will fail.
Of course to go along with your vacuum sealer get some low cost 8 inch by 50 feet vacuum sealing rolls that you cut to size depending on what you are cooking. These same bags can be used to take the cooked food on the go. Like freeze stew or chile in a container and then seal the frozen food in these bags.
Next get a good bucket – container and some vacuum seal bags and you are on your way to the best way to cook meat – burgers – steak – chicken ever!
See the related items at Amazon below for what I personally use.
Where can I pick up the sous vide cooker?
They are available at Amazon
Sous Vide Cooker related on Amazon
People also read
If you like this article you may also find the Best – Knife & Tool Sharpener Professional Results interesting