Straight to the Point
Most people cringe at the thought of missing a single meal. Intentionally missing all but one meal, every day, seems excessive and unnecessary.
- Increased focus and productivity. OMAD is said to eliminate the sluggishness people feel while digesting their lunch — because there is no lunch.
- Weight loss. It’s extremely hard to be at a caloric surplus when you’re eating one time per day. Even if your one meal is not “healthy” by normal standards, you’re not taking in as many calories as you would if were eating all day long.
- Diet freedom. Forget logging calories. You free up a lot of mental energy when you don’t have to plan four to six meals per day.
- NO SNACKING Remember it is ONE meal a day. There can be NO snacks of any kind in a fasting plan. OMAD is fasting for 23 hours (no food or caloric beverages for 23 hours)
What is OMAD?
OMAD is an acronym for One Meal A Day. It essentially is exactly how it reads in that you only eat ONCE a day. There is no snacking when you are doing OMAD just any other version of fasting
One meal a day is not so much a diet but rather a particular version of intermittent fasting.
You do 23 hours of the day fasting and have a one-hour feeding window.
During that time, you eat a single meal.
You consume the number of calories you need for the entire day during those 60 minutes.
What are the benefits of doing an OMAD plan?
- Save Time
- Reduce Hunger
- Improve your Skin
- Minimize Cravings
- Boost Mental Clarity
- Improve your metabolism
- Boost Growth Hormone
- Heal a Fatty Liver
- Convert Your Body to a Fat Burning Furnace
- Improve Diabetes
- Improve Digestion
- Raise Your Immune System
- Improve Dementia
- Increase Your Life Span
- Decrease Inflamation
- Improve Blood Pressure
- Improve Cognitive Ability
- Increase Energy
- Improve Your Mood
- Activate Autophagy
Who should try it?
It is important to note that only people who have prior experience with intermittent fasting should try an OMAD plan.
It is not advised to go straight from your regular habits to a single meal per day.
Build yourself up to the fasting schedule of one meal per day by gradually increasing the time you fast each day.
How to take OMAD to the next level
Doing OMAD while eating a strictly Keto meal plan will totally raise your OMAD game.
Add in a walking plan of 20 minutes or more and you are firing on all cylinders.
People also considered
If you like this article you may also find the Sous Vide Cooker for Cooking the Best Steak Known to Man interesting