Straight to the Point
Audio-Technica ATR2100 Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone is the absolute best value for money for a podcast / vlogger microphone.
You get an outstanding mic that gets 80-90% of the way there to top level sound quality but you get it at a great price.
Don’t throw hard earned cash away on brand.
Specs on Amazon
- Handheld dynamic microphone with USB digital output and XLR analog output
- USB output connects to your computer for digital recording, while the XLR output connects with your sound system conventional microphone input for use in live performance
- Smooth, extended frequency response ideally suited for podcasting, home studio recording, field recording, voiceover, and on stage use
- Built in headphone jack allows you to directly monitor your microphone output without audible delay
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of unwanted sounds from the sides and rear; System requirements Macintosh MAC OS X, USB 1.0 or 2.0, 64 MB RAM minimum, Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7, USB 1.0 or 2.0, 64 MB RAM minimum
Too good to be true?
Heck no. The ATR2100 Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone is second to none when it comes to value and its cost. You get quality that is essentially 80-90% of those mics costing 5 to 20 times what this mic costs.
The key goal with sound is not to sound like shite. You don’t get points for sounding great but get ridiculed and run out of town for bad sound.
This microphone takes shite sound out of the equation and gets you in the same sound league as those spending way more money than you or they need to.
This microphone will connect direct to your PC or Mac via USB or go with a digital recorder and an XLR cable.
Joe Rogan might look silly getting an off brand microphone but he’s doing a $100 million dollars in Spotify revenue so he can’t “afford” to look to off brand.
What else do I need?
If you’re interested in podcasting or producing YouTube videos you should consider the Zoom H4n Digital Recorder that has XLR input ports
If you plan to run the ATR2100 Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone with the Zoom H4n then you will need to get a XLR connecting cable.
Lastly, I run my Zoom and mic with a USB DC 5V to DC 9 Volt USB Power Supply Cable which allows the Zoom/Mic combo to literally runs for days when coupled with a 10,000 mAh battery pack
Okay where can I get a ATR2100 Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone
Available on Amazon
People also considered
If you like this article you may also find the Zoom H4n Pro 4 Track Portable Recorder interesting